- Little finger first, straight arm recovery;
- Feet together with kick-in (hand entry) and kick-out (hand exit) timing of the arm stroke (balanced);
- Long arms – head down at start of stroke;
- Each stroke to have a straight elbow position prior at the hand/arm entry position. A high or slightly elevated wrist position is desirable in this position.
- Breathing when arms are under the body (prior to recovery).
- Hip high position;
- Continuous arm (straight, high on recovery), brushing ear and entering water at 11 o’clock and 1 o’clock;
- Extended legs, pointed toes on the surface;
- Stable head position;
- Knees underwater in kick.
- Both feet turned out on kick;
- Knees inside feet on backwards kick;
- Arms pulling outwards to 2 o’clock and 10 o’clock in a locked position after kick is complete;
- Legs up slowly and extended back quickly;
- High hip position;
- Long glide to the count of three;
- Long arms, head down at start of stroke;
- Arms and legs follow a slow, then fast action.
- Strong continuous kick with extended legs, pointed toes;
- Bent arm recovery with an elbow lead, slight thumb-first semicircle recovery;
- Controlled breathing and head position;
- Long stroke with slow arms;
- Fingertips, wrist, elbow, shoulder, no-splash entry;
- Balanced Stroke (right versus left).